10.15.2008

World at War Beta! Myeah!

Or, you can call it Call of Duty 4.5 Back to the Future III. It's okay. All the spit and shine is present from 4, but the future is just so much more appealing than the past.

For the first few hours, I had fun with the beta. I love 4, and this is the exact same experience only set in WWII. That's where I began losing the fun. It's WWII...again. Besides, a $60 mod doesn't bode well with me...

Once I realized that I actually preferred Modern Warfare, I turned off the beta and put 4 back in the 360. If anything, the beta helped me find a new fascination with 4. I'm playing it nonstop.

If you want to know specifics, here goes. CoD4 with WWII weapons. Perks are there, mainly adding a bayonet or a type of scope. There are tanks, which is a good addition. Each player can have an added vehicle perk. This would make the cool down for overheating faster, faster canon rotation, etcetera.

With kill streaks, you receive radar support with 3 kills, 5 kills nets you an artillery strike lasting far too long and 7 kills releases the HOUNDS! I have no opinion on the dogs. I both loathe and like them.

Anyway, I'm glad I have a new appreciation for Modern Warfare. I'm enjoying it far more than I did in the past. Thanks, Treyarch! I guess...

No comments:

What's Mellow doing?