10.16.2008

Resisting two aliens. Star Trek rumblings...

Thirty versus thirty multiplayer sounded good. In reality, not so much.

Insomniac made a few major sacrifices to pull that feature off. Unfortunately, those sacrifices are important to me, and I will be opting out of that purchase. I'm glad these Betas exist, but I'm sure they're also hurting sales. More on that in a moment though.

One of the glaringly obvious sacrifices is the visuals. Not good. Not even remotely good. I'm sure the single player campaign will be fine, but multiplayer is ugly. To me, that's unacceptable. I can deal with the standard 16 versus 16 multiplayer if that guarantees a more polished game.

Now, a word on these beta tests. I can't see how these are good for the developers anymore. Out of the five recent betas I have played, one has kept my interest for a purchase when it's released. I've canceled the other four orders. It's sad, but my wallet is thanking me...

Honestly, I can't be the only one who plays the betas and canceling a purchase. These were games I was planning on buying on release day too.

Meh.

Star Trek. I was never a HUGE fan. My oldest brother was, and I passively watched it. I was never excited for it...

Check out the pictures here. Personally, I hate the actor playing Spock. I despise him in Heroes, and I can't stand his presence anywhere else. He seems like he's trying a little too hard. Definitely looks like Spock though. But, he's an awful actor.

I trust anything JJ Abrams puts his hands on though.

No comments:

What's Mellow doing?