12.09.2008

Video musings.

Video is intensive.

Meaning, there is work to do in videography, editing and effects.

Like, it's not as easy as people think.

I'm not sure why people think my profession is easy. Maybe it's the availability of soccer mom cameras. Maybe it's Youtube and the ease to publish your crappy as crap videos. Again, I'm not sure where this typical thinking began, but it needs to stop.

Do they not know the difference in quality from their videos measured against professional quality?

It's appalling and it's disrespectful.

I'm venting here, but this occurrence happens frequently.

In the past, I've received scripts that are pages long. Pages. That's not abnormal. Scripts are, generally speaking, pages in length. BUT! When a script is, say, 3 pages and you say it's supposed to be 30 - 60 seconds...

That's. Not. Happening.

No comments:

What's Mellow doing?