9.16.2008

I get it, and I like it.


There's really nothing to get. Coming from a guy who was responsible for the best and most successful television sitcom, it only makes sense that the commercials resemble the show. It's about nothing.

Some people like Penny Arcade and my wife don't like the commercials. "It's like they're trying to hard to be funny," says my wife.

I can see that. But, I am probably a Seinfeld fanatic. These commercials make me laugh, and it doesn't make a promise about any features. It does however plant the seed that something new is in the works. Could be true. Probably not true. I just like the commercials. Getting Seinfeld back on television in any form makes me happy.

For one thing, they're better than the Mac ads. I'm tired of those. They don't make me think Macs are cooler. Instead, they make me think Macs are elitists or snobs. Meh.

I'm strictly a Mac user by the way. Love 'em. I'll never go back to Windows. Ever. Unless Seinfeld proves to me that Windows will become more like a Mac. Even then, what's the point of that?

Anyway, I just don't see why these commercials are getting lambasted for being about nothing. That's the point in my opinion. Otherwise, it would be a whiny commercial about Microsoft being cool like a Mac. It's just good seeing that Gates and Microsoft has a sense of humor.

No comments:

What's Mellow doing?